Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pauline's Christening and 1st Birthday Celebration - Preparation

Time flies.

My daughter turned 1 last 11/2 and celebrated it on 11/11. We formally welcome her to the Christian world at the same time.


Planning is not easy, especially if we need to travel miles before we can I arrive at the church. First choice is to hold it in St. Andrews Church in Makati.




Requirement breakdown is as follows:

P1000 - private baptism
P50/sponsor
Birth Certificate
Marriage Contract (if parents are married)
Parish Permit

It shouldn't be difficult though - but getting a venue in Makati is a pain. It's pricey.

I have 3 venue choices.

1. Aberdeen Court in Makati Ave.

It one of the cheapest you'll ever find. Then again, Corkage fees will kill you, big time.



2. WSI - Multipurpose hall.



I have to say that Mai (consultant) is very accomodating but the total cost of getting their venue is already tantamount to xxx number of food  :(

See breakdown as follows:


Venue Rental Rate :
P8,000.00 X 1 day = P8,000.00
Total Venue Rental Fee:
P8,000.00 + 12% VAT =
P8,960.00NETT

Ingress Fee: waived for 2hrs

Electricity Fee:
P1,000.00 X 1 day = P1,000.00
Total Electricity Fee: P1,000.00 + 12%VAT = P1,120.00NETT

OT Fee:
P2,000.00 X 1 day = P2,000.00
Total OT Fee: P2,000.00+12%VAT = P2,240.00NETT

TOTAL PACKAGE RATE :P12,320.00NETT


3. I checked w/ Riccorenzo Cafe in Makati Ave.
    The venue rental is P8,000 for 4hours + 1hr Ingress and Egress.
    No corkage for other food/caterers.




So yes, I have to move on and get a different one.

I considered changing the entire plan 2 weeks before the target date, haha

I read about a blog about baptism and considered holding Pauline's there too.

Finally, I've set everything on 10/31 - traveled from CSFP to New Port Blvd in Pasay to register for Pauline's Baptismal in St Therese, New port, Pasay. The church is beautiful, really beautiful. It's worth the travel.



Same requirements.

Parish Permit - I secured one in Don Bosco Parish (Arnaiz, Makati City), then paid 100 pesos for donation.
Birth Certificate -
P500 registration fee
and P50/sponsor.

On the same day, we looked for a reception since St Therese hall is no longer for rent. We first dropped by in Kenny Rogers.

P4000 - Party fee
plus P230/head food.


Shakey's is no longer available on 11/11.
Savory can't cater for 80pax.

We also considered doing it in Game Zoo, New port Mall.



5000- venue rental
7500 - required purchase for game zoo card for only 25pax (including 6d seats for 25 pax)
1000- corkage for any other svc (ie. clowns, cakes, photobooth)

They would allow catering from the hotel only, it's unexpectedly affordable but you must expect small servings as it is for a kiddie party. The price ranges from 150 - 250php. Also, it doesn't include other amenities (ie balloons, games, MC) If one consider to get those, they can recommend getting the svcs from Mcdonald's or Shakey's. Shakey's is already fully booked so yes, the only choice is Mcdonald's. I wasn't able to book the place bec the manager isn't available. I spoke to her some days after and decided to book the place.

I have to decline a few hours (less than 24hrs) before the party because food is a required purchase to get the party amenities from Mcdonald's plus the ticket charges is a pain too. I may save it for next time once Pauline already has friends to invite for her birthday.

I have to change the venue from Game Zoo to Kenny Rogers. (Let's talk about cramming) Off we went to Kenny's Newport. I meant we, with Pauline. haha (I tag her along as she doesn't have anything to wear yet for the event on the next day. I have a very limited clothing choice in Pampanga so we still have to go in the metro to find her a good one.)

Thank you God for a very accommodating manager. He fixed everything but unable to produce a host, w/c is expected. I have friends to back me up anyway so yes, I accepted it.

So we gave him our down payment then went straight to Chili's,GB5 for my boss' bday party. A few hours after, we decided to go and look for Pauline's clothes. Thank you God for Gingersnaps. I found everything there.

I forgot to mention that I hired someone to take our pictures. I am very satisfied on her works. Please see her sample works here. http://jamasalonga.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this amazing birthday party venue. Prices are really very genuine. Attended a sports meet at one of the openly located event venue in California last month. Refreshments provided were hygienic and energy drinks for participants were healthy. Felt happy cheering and motivating them.

    ReplyDelete